Welcome to ASCE Colorado Section
The Colorado Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers was formed in 1909. Since then the Section has been actively involved in the advancement of the science and profession of civil engineering in the great state of Colorado.
The Colorado Section of the ASCE allows civil engineers who live and/or work in the Colorado community to network, exchange ideas, build leadership skills and create lifelong professional connections. We are continually looking for motivated volunteers.
Symposium on Sustainability for Infrastructure - Rocky Mountain Region
Integrating Sustainability into Infrastructure Development
Boulder, CO - May 23, 2016
Infrastructure is an essential component of national economic competitiveness and social well-being. Designing and delivering infrastructure systems that truly contribute to sustainability throughout their service life is the theme of this full-day symposium.
- Meet and talk with academic, government and consulting experts in the infrastructure sustainability field
- Network with students, engineers, environmental professionals and the general public on the importance of the sustainability concepts
- Understand sustainability concepts and how they can be integrated into engineering projects
- Participate in interactive discussions with technical panels and attendees; learn real world sustainability applications
- View student posters on sustainability research projects
- Interact with sustainability professionals about engineering and sustainability opportunities
- Learn from case studies on how sustainability was used in projects and for life cycle benefits
- Meet and talk with corporate and agency sponsors who are using sustainability concepts
- Meet professionals at industry tables to discuss potential employment opportunities
- Enjoy a beer garden after the symposium for informal networking discussion
The conference will be on May 23, 2016 in the Wittemyer Courtroom located in the University of Colorado Boulder Campus’ Wolf Law Center. Registration will include the full day program plus breakfast, lunch, breaks and a beer garden social after the presentations. Registration also includes free parking on campus. The Symposium planners encourage participation from all areas, including engineering firms, government agencies and academia. Students are especially encouraged to attend, and a special rate is offered with proof of student status.
Download the full program brochure here.
Register online here.
Need Professional Development Hours (PDHs)? Attend an ASCE Live or On-Demand Webinar.
o http://mylearning.asce.org/diweb/catalog/t/2125/c/79 (Live Webinars)
ASCE’s live webinars provide cost-effective training for large and small groups. Use Promo Code WEBCOSEC to secure your preferred rate.
o http://mylearning.asce.org/diweb/catalog/t/2135/c/79 (On-Demand Webinars)
ASCE’s on-demand webinars provide real-world knowledge and convenient delivery to fit your demanding schedule. Use Promo Code WEBCOSEC to secure your preferred rate.
To add your name to our email list, click here.
Civil Engineering Club is an ASCE initiative to organize numerous clubs in the Denver-Metro area high schools to train the students on the design process methodology with hands on simplified Civil Engineering projects. The clubs will also assist the future engineers understand the basic concepts of engineering and how to apply mathematics to engineering. The guidance provided by the CECs will be at a high school level approved by the school faculty.
We are looking for volunteers and partners with broad experience with various aspects of civil engineering to help us to achieve our goals. Please click here to find out how you can help us.
Infrastructure Report Card 2013
Every family and business needs infrastructure to thrive – from your road to work, to your internet, to the pipes bringing clean water to your house. In a new app format, the American Society of Civil Engineers' 2013 Report Card for America's Infrastructure puts the most comprehensive and clear reference available on America's infrastructure in your pocket.
View the National Report Card
View the Colorado State Report Card